Thursday, April 21, 2011

Finally back online

 The plumber's sink leaks, the mechanics car runs poorly and last Friday evening the computer that I do the emails on decided it wasn't going to boot any more! It couldn't have come at a more inopportune time. Just as John was wrapping up his week with us and Anne was working hard on regaining some of her independence... Pow! right in the kisser!

 Now that I have rebuilt things into a different computer I can bring you all up-to-date:

 Last week John was here and Anne suffered a lot of what she calls "gas pain". As most of you know, her lower abdomen has been completely rebuilt, so it's no surprise that the whole area still hurts. After all, we just capped 8 weeks post-surgery.

 While John was here Anne worked really hard with John to become independent. She'd set a lofty goal to do so before he left which she thinks pushed her too hard. She ended up sick and in pain most of the day Sunday.

 Monday: Anne and John went to see the neurologist about her hands. He told her that her hands would be getting better. This is just what she needed to hear and helped offset the frustration she's been feeling about it. Also, he was kind enough to give John a work slip stating that he'd been with Anne the entire week.

 I came home at noon and took John to the airport. During the ride we discussed several options to help Anne in her progress. He caught his plane out of Reno and, after come fortuitous connections, arrived home safe, sound and early!

Tuesday was Anne's first day to be truly alone. She had some initial light-headedness in the morning and I checked her BP (112/62) and put in a call to her her GP. He now has us cutting her BP medication in half as he doesn't want to take her completely off of it just yet

 Wednesday Anne went to her surgeon's and then rushed home to pick me up for my appointment. My GI checks my esophagus every two years to watch my Barrett's and I'm sedated for the procedure. Anne drove us home, taking the surface streets and doing the speed limit. She was fine with that, just not sure enough of her hands to do it at highway speeds.

 Today: Anne's stoma was being Dennis-The-Menace and would only give "goobers". This was, of course, frustrating for her. When I got home it took quite a bit of coaxing, but I was finally able to get "Dennis" to co-operate. Otherwise, she says, "Lady and I were just being very quiet."
Be a channel for the flow of love into your world,
Don and Anne

---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
  - Don Peer ( o)==#

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment