Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bye-bye, El Chiweenie

 Anne went to radiation today only to find out that the machine is broken! They told her to call tomorrow about 7:15am before coming in to make sure that it's been repaired. so, she has to get up in the morning as if she's going in, get dressed and then call just before she needs to leave (assuming that it's working).
 If it's not fixed, then she'll miss another day of treatment. I'm wondering if she, perhaps, shouldn't go just on principal. My fear is the first person may be the "test subject" to see if things are working properly and I don't want her to be the one that finds out it's not! What a conundrum: don't go and fall further behind or go and risk getting burned (or worse).
 For those who liked the idea of a new addition to the family, I'm sorry to report that Anne took the new dog back to the Humane Society today. The little guy was, apparently, trained to go on a pad in the house. We don't have time to re-train him and Anne cannot be exposed to the bio-hazard that this entails.
 He was a very cuddly little guy and loved to sleep under the covers with you. The first time he did that, he sneaked in with Anne and his cold nose on the back of her legs was just too much. Anne started crying out like there was a spider of something in bed with her. (Well, perhaps just an overly friendly rat!)
 I had to drag him out (against his will) and tuck her in tightly, with a sham up against her so that he couldn't do that again. Monday morning he did that to me, but since I was wearing my long johns I barely felt a thing. But, once again, when it was time to get out of bed he was very reluctant!
 Today, when I got home there was a distinct, musty smell in the house. Searching around, I found several tiny turds by one of the plants. After disposing of them outside, we ran up the street to Ernie's and got some dinner. Anne ordered a hamburger and I had the grilled cheese. The grilled cheese is made with Texas toast and is layered with onion and tomatoes! Sadly, both items were soaked in grease. But, the fries were perfect and I intend to only have those from now on.
 (You may be wondering about dinner; we've decided that Anne will no longer eat a vegetarian diet. Her anemia has twice, now, prevented her from receiving the chemo she was scheduled for. This is unacceptable and she will be eating red meat from now on in order to get her iron levels up.)
 When we got home, Anne headed out to pick up Lady from the groomer's. Then, while Anne was gone, I doused all the lights and got out my U.V. flashlight. Making my way through the house, checking the wall corners and furniture edges, I spotted where the little bugger had lifted his leg.
  I attacked it with some Carpet CPR and that seems to have gotten rid of the smell for the most part. I'll have to check it, again, tomorrow after I've been out of the house in order to be sure. (this is exactly what we were afraid of)
 Well, Anne returned from picking up Lady and that dog was a proud as a peacock with her new haircut! She pranced around, smiling (I'm sure!) while we told her how pretty she was. Now, this may be partially because the "intruder" is gone, but she's always been just about beside herself whenever coming home from Dee's. She knows she's beautiful and she likes to show it off!
 We could all learn something from our animal friends. Take joy in the simple things and share them with those you love!
Don and Anne
 
 
---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
  - Don Peer ( o)==#

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment