Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lonely days and lonely nights...

 Well, just tonight for now. Others to follow, though. I took Anne and checked her into the hospital this morning. They were VERY glad to see that she had PICC lines, as that made their job much easier. (it doesn't take much to please the staff at Renown! Hahaha...)
 They'd run the most part of a large bag of saline by the time I'd gone by for lunch. Anne had lasagna and I ate my PBJ. Shortly after I'd returned to work they started another saline just before the Radiation tech came to get her.
 I asked whether the "Tomo" machine moved around while running or if she did (it's a "3-D" type of radiation machine). She said that she didn't move, but couldn't tell if the machine did as it was totally enclosed and she laid inside it like a PeT scan. She did say that it made a lot of noise, though!
 The tech asked her if she had any problems getting into one of these things and she listed all the other machines that she'd been into for her tumor without any trouble. I think he was duly impressed! I had some trouble with an MRI machine, but that was because of hydrocodone-induced panic attacks. Anne simply took them in stride.
 After returning to her room, they started the chemo treatment and followed that up with another saline. I went by after work and took my classical guitar. She had a semi-dry pasta with mushroom sauce and I brought the leftovers from Olive Garden. Her dinner was very bland so I shared mine with her.
 Then I pulled out the guitar and a binder of acoustic music and began serenading her while she was in the bathroom! Once she came out we spent a couple of hours singing songs together between interruptions with IV changes.
 Tomorrow she should be released just before lunch and I'll pick her up and take her home. There don't seem to be any side effects from this treatment and Anne plans to drive herself to the rest of the radiation treatments.
 Turn on your love light and let it shine,
Don and Anne
 
 
---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
  - Don Peer ( o)==#

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment