Sunday, July 4, 2010

E.O.

For those of you who may not know, "E.O." is short for Early Out! I spent most of the day helping Disability Resources/New2U Computers move into a new location. Lot's of hard work breaking down and packing up their PCs, printers, servers, etc. The good news is that the office called and said ComputerLand was closing early and we were all going home at 2:00!


Since things were wrapping up, I ran home to Anne and surprised her and Lady taking a nap on the new couch. Those are my girls!

Upon arriving home she informed me that she had a surprise. We went out to the car and there, squeezed into her Legacy was a huge area rug for the living room! (there are some bad stains showing since moving the furniture around. If you have reclining furniture, get the carpet cleaners to hit under them on a regular basis!) This thing was beautiful and normally $400. This weekend it was $100 with a 10% off sale on Sunday! They couldn't hold it for her until then, so Anne conviced them to sell it to her today at the sale price. Then she got 25% on top of that! What a horse trader!

Of course, the first thing we did was bring it in and lay it out. This rug has really brought the furniture, drapes and carpet "together." I don't pretend to understand what that means, or how she does it, I just know that the colors all seem to go together in a way that compliments and it makes the room look very nice.

Well, after all that work I decided to take a nap myself and stretched out on the recliner with the girls joining me on the couch. (ain't they cute?) It was after 6 when I finally work up with Anne making sweet & sour red cabbage in the kitchen! (I love that stuff and cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable; very high in anti-carcinogens!)

Unfortunately, the dog decided she wasn't hungry. So, after dinner we went on our walk without her. (cue the sad eyes in the window shot) Later, she redemed herself and I ran the "red bug" laser pointer for her. She really tore through the house, making up for her earlier lack of excersize.

Then we settled down and watched a Robin Williams video called License to Wed. Anne picked it up at JCPenny and it's a funny movie with a happy ending. We both liked it, even if there weren't any explosions, car chases or gun fire! Hahaha...

Love and best wishes for the holiday,

No comments:

Post a Comment