Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hold on

   Anne didn't sleep well last night, as her hip was bothering her again. I awoke several times as she came back to bed and by morning she was just wasted. She couldn't sit long enough to eat breakfast and ended up laying on the couch as I finished getting ready for work.

   She didn't want to take anything because she had a funeral to attend, but since it wasn't until 10:30 I got her one any way and told her it'd probably wear off by then.
   Long story, short version: she took the pill and napped until it was time to get cleaned up. Then she picked up her friend went to the church, staying to the end. Another teacher that was there noticed that Anne was starting to have trouble and offered to take her friend home so that she could attend the reception while Anne headed home.
   During lunch I ordered dinner from La Vecchia through Delivery Diner. Then I ran over to Whole Foods and picked up a bottle of chianti. Since I'm no connoisseur, I asked the lady working there for her recommendation. She said that she'd just got in some Peppoli Chianti Classico and that it was very nice (and only $29).
   A surprise came to work today: Anne had a dozen roses delivered! 6 red, 3 white and 3 yellow. I have to tell you, I lost it. Here she is, laid up at home, sending me flowers! I had to lock myself in the men's room until I pulled myself together.
   So, our anniversary dinner (16 years!) consisted of mushroom raviolis, sauteed spinach, sour dough french bread and wine. For dessert I brought out some hand-made chocolate bars from Chocri; white for Anne and milk for me.
   Then, she did it again. Anne presented me with a card that just said it all and the tears flowed. This time, though, I didn't cry alone. We just held each other and let it all out.
   Once we'd dried our eyes well enough to see again, we watched Sleepless in Seatle where "Annie" finds her one true love. It's a great movie and one of our favorites.
   Good night and God bless you,





PS

Chocri makes some wonderful custom chocolates
http://www.chocri.de/ (they're in Berlin, Germany)

No comments:

Post a Comment