Monday, July 26, 2010

Slow down a bit

Anne went with a friend to console Judy, whom I'd mentioned yesterda having lost her mother. They spent several hours talking and eating and talking some more.


While she was out my drummer came over and went over this second hand kit that I'd picked up for $100. We swapped out the best parts to leave at home and the rest I'll be taking to the Saturday jam. I replaced all the beater heads and cleaned up the shells. It's a fairly respectable setup now and any guest drummers shouldn't be too disappointed.

Then, while I was having lunch, Shane came over to remind me that I'd missed his birthday party. He showed me what he'd gotten and I invited him to the movies. We saw Sorcerer's Apprentice and it was great! Good story; good acting; superb special effects; plenty of comedy interspersed.

When we got home, Anne was having some hip pain again. I gave her some Ibuprophen and a hot, wet towel in a 1-gallon ZipLock. She took a nap and was much better upon waking.

Josh is coming up this weekend and we're all excited. This time he's going to have a nice place to bed down! Perhaps we'll have a chance to make some music. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment