Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New schedule

Yesterday was quiet. Anne read a book while I listened to some tech podcasts.
Today, however, she wrestled with hip pain. Dinner was cut short because she couldn't sit long enough for us to finish. So I laid her on the couch and rubbed her down with the oil. After some soothing she was finally able to fall asleep.
After a short nap, she said she wanted to see a video. Obviously still in pain, I retrieved A Fish Called Wanda. Reclining in her chair, I applied more oil and started the video. An hour and a half later Anne was laughing her hysterically and feeling much better. It's wonderful what a few endorphins can do for you!
The P.A. said that Anne has about three more cycles of chemo to go through before they'll take another P.E.T. scan. This was disappointing because we thought there'd be talk about surgery soon. None-the-less, Anne's taking it well and is determined to do whatever it takes as am I. We'll see this thing through with your help.
Speaking of which, she told me tonight how much she loves being close to her family once again. She relishes every conversation and, if I'm gone, relives the moments with me when I return. Oh, and she virtually glows with excitement over a Skype call! Thank goodness for such wonderful technology.
Thank you all for the joy you're bringing,
Don and Anne

PS
The new schedule is up:
http://bay01.calendar.live.com/calendar/calendar.aspx#

No comments:

Post a Comment