Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Peaceful easy feelin'

  Anne had a very quiet day today. She's been looking forward to having a nice, relaxed, nothing-special-to-do day and she sure enjoyed it!
 The one thing that she did was go to the credit union. Let me start at the begining on this one:
 The weekend before last, if you remember, we went out to lunch and had some Mexican food. For some reason I pulled out my ATM card for the joint account. Realizing my mistake I quickly stuffed it back in and gave the cashier the joint Visa.
 Fast-forward to Sunday afternoon when, for some reason, I discovered an ATM card in the front slot of my wallet. Figuring that I was still carrying the old one for some reason (because it was in the correct position for that card) I diligently took the scissors to it and put the pieces in various trash cans around the house.
 Punch the fast-forward button once more to last Friday at work, where I'm desperately looking for the joint ATM card. I call Anne and ask if I'd given it to her with the receipt from the other night and, after searching her purse, she informs me that I didn't. I check the car after work, but it's dark and I don't see it. So, I figure I'll have better luck in the morning.
 Saturday morning a more thorough search fails to turn up the card. Now we're both panicked because these days the Visa logo on your ATM card is as good as a credit card and, if use judiciously, you can use it many places in those counter-mounted self-swipe machines without being asked for ID!
 Then, yesterday I called Anne from work and told her "I found the card (in a manner of speaking)!" Which, at first puzzled her. But then, after I explained, we were both relieved and laughed at my version of "chemo brain."
 So, today she got to tell the story to a manager at the credit union and they got a kick out of it, also! But, in the end Anne got another card on its way and all is well that ends well. Hahaha... (embarrassed, though I am)
 Bless you & yours and hold them tight lest you lose them,
Don and Anne
 
---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
  - Don Peer ( o)==#

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment