Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Smoother than a baby's behind

Except for the snow and freezing temps, that is! Hahaha...   Those of you who don't like the cold can be glad you're not North of the Mason/Dixon line these days. Those of you in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio and we here in Northern Nevada are getting into winter (whether we like it or not). Currently, half the country is below freezing!   Tonight and tomorrow night we expect it to be below 10 degrees here in Sparks. Those of you in Southern California and Florida... please send us some heat!   Anne went to get her PICC line dressing changed yesterday. but, besides that, has been holed up in the house the last two days. She and Lady are happy to just stay inside, reading a good book. I can't say I blame them as I'd be doing the same if I had a choice! Which I will Thursday and Friday (I think).   Thursday we're going to sleep in (no surprise there) and, later that day, to the Nugget for dinner. Anne's decided that the big Thanksgiving buffet they always put on is too much for us. It'd cost $25 each (mostly because of the shrimp and crab legs) to do that one. Since we rarely have seconds, we're better off in a regular restaurant.   Rosie's will be serving the standard fixin's at half that price and that includes a piece of pumpkin pie. This, and my love across the table from me, is all I need for a nice meal.   The day after Thanksgiving and the Day after Christmas ComputerLand is traditionally closed. However, I haven't heard the official word just yet. Friday, Anne wants to fix a small, pared-down version of Thanksgiving just for the leftover factor!   Well, it's off to a bed with extra blankets! Anne just brought the weather report and low tonight will be 7; high tomorrow expected to be 24. Ack! But, this is Reno and it won't last. (I hope!)   Cuddle up and stay warm. Love will see us through, Don and Anne       PS For those who love science and music: http://www.symphonyofscience.com/
 
 
---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
  - Don Peer ( o)==#

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment