Tuesday, November 30, 2010

We're back!

  I hope that everyone had a good holiday. We certainly did. Thursday evening Justus, Julie, Anne and I went to the Nugget for dinner. While the others ordered turkey with two side dishes, I was able to get all the sides in place of turkey!   The place was full, but the wait wasn't too bad. Our waitress was very busy and a bit slow on the refils (understandably). Then, while she was setting the entrees down for us, she dumped the cranberry sauce in my lap!   She was just horrified and very apologetic, but most attentive after that! LOL. Anne suggested that I have a glass of wine and Justus remarked that she should buy. So I asked for some house wine and requested that it be on the house and she comp'd it! Cool.   Friday Justus called from Best Buy (he was up at 4am) and said they had several items I was interested in. After breakfast I went over to the nearby store and they were out of one of them. Heading to the North store I found what I was looking for (no, Anne, I'm not going to spill the beans here!).   Saturday Justus and I went to see Harry Potter with Anne. This time on the new (Cinemark XD) giant screen. It was even better that the first time, but we had to pay for the priviledge this time.   Sunday I received a call from one of Tim's sons telling us that he'd passed away that morning. I called the other friends I knew that would want to know and then retired for a few minutes.   Movies tonight: Grown Ups and Disturbia. Grown Ups had a cast of great comics and was truly hilarious. Disturbia was real thriller in the Hitchcock style of Rear Window.   Death is unavoidable, but life can pass you by. (Theo Mestrum) Be here now, Don and Anne     ---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
  - Don Peer ( o)==#

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment