Monday, August 16, 2010

That's more like it

Yesterday Anne was feeling better. After her injection we came home so she could take a nap. Then we headed out to see Logan's soccer game and James' game. Afterwards, we went to Costco for some bread, asparagus and to gas up my car. Ten gallons even with 333 miles. Not the best milage I've gotten in my Saturn, but still respectable for an '02 model. Then, lunch at Q'doba and home for another nap.

As Anne slept, I set up the computers that she's going to need for training. She and two friends will be taking an online class this Wednesday for ESL, so I converted the dining room table into a small network of computers and displays, attaching them to the internet. But, upon boot I was reminded that they'd been wiped in preparation for a garage sale I'd planned on before Anne got sick.

Speaking of sick, her nausea returned this afternoon. Mostly driven by the spices in our lunch. She loves all these different foods from around the world, but the chemo has changed how her stomach reacts. As much as she loves Q'doba, it didn't sit well with her.

The movie for Saturday was Mel Brook's Blazing Saddles. I'd forgotten how non-PC the comedy was in this one. I just about busted a gut! Mel has always crowded that line and even made fun of his own people (check out the wagon train scene). Truly irreverent humor!



Today, we took it easy and just lounged around the house. A light breakfast before heading to the clinic for Anne's fourth injection. In the past there have been five injections after the "big" infustion, but she's scheduled this cycle for six. The nurses don't know why, but Anne intends to find out tomorrow.

Shane came over afterwards, wanting me to continue teaching him Every Rose Has Its Thorn. I showed him two new chords and he practiced them a bit before asking for some time on the drums. Kids. They all seem to be ADD.

Walt, also, came by later. He loves to play the old tunes on his harmonicas. I followed along with guitar until I got left behind. Then switched to tambourine and djembe (Africa), which had been given to me by my Son. Walt got a kick out of that because he'd never played any percussion instruments, even though he used to be a drummer. He thought it was a tabla (India).

No movie to tonight, as Anne watched three hours of Law & Order. I sat in on some, just to watch Jeff Goldblum work. Then, I continued with the PCs for Wednesday; one of which has a bad hard disk drive that I'm trying to salvage.

God bless and keep you (and your PC!)
Don and Anne


---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
- Don Peer ( o)==#

No comments:

Post a Comment