Monday, August 30, 2010

Thirsty

  Anne did good today. We didn't sleep in, so I fixed us a "1-skillet" breakfast this morning of diced potatoes, baby bell peppers, onions and fresh yellow squash (from Tom's garden!) with scrambled eggs. Topped this with Tillamook, a slathering of salsa and it fills you up for most of the day!   Then Anne started making her famous cauliflower salad and afterwards puttered around the house watering the jungle. She calls her plants "babies" and they get thirsty by Sunday, when she gives them all a drink, cutting their hair and talking to them as she goes. I'm sure they love her in their own way because every one of them grows like crazy!   I caught up on my email and finished setting up my pedal board while she was busy. Then I moved the drum kit out of the library for Richard, my drummer in the Dave's Garage band, who joined us today for our acoustic jam session. It sure was nice to have a steady beat to follow!   When the guys started showing up, Anne went to lay down for a nap. She kicked Lady out of the bedroom and, surprisingly, the dog curled up next to Richard and went to sleep. With all that noise! What a crazy animal. Hahaha... Next time I'll take a picture for you!   3:30 - Putting the house back in order and starting lunch before Anne woke up was my next priority. Not too hungry (told you so) as I made Sloppy Joes and set the table with kettle-cooked potatoe chips and a side of the salad that she had made. Right on time, too, as she woke to the smell of food cooking. A biscuit for Lady and we sat down to eat. Yum!   Then she went over the bills as I did updates on the computers. The main one is installing the Skype beta for multiple video chats. If you use Skype, you can find this on the Get Skype > Get Skype For Windows > Windows (Beta) page. Just download Skype Beta 5.0 for Windows and it will install and configure with your current contacts.   Later we had a cup of hot Chai tea, because it'd been overcast and sprinkling all day. Then Anne watched some TV while I edited our web site and went over some new songs for Friday night. Afterwards, we flushed her and tucked her into bed. She and Lady are sound asleep as I write this. What a pair!   May your peace and love increase, flowing out to those you care for! Don and Anne     ---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
  - Don Peer ( o)==#

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment