Saturday, September 25, 2010

and they're off...

 Friday was interesting. When I left for work there were definite plans to goto Virginia City. However, everyone decided that they'd rather hang around the house.
 At work, my schedule was empty and I thought I'd spend the day hanging around the shop. However, customers call and I end up running around town until well after 5:00!
 What's that they say? "The best laid schemes of mice and men..."
 Dinner, once I finally got home, with Justus, Heather, Logan and James included Lasagna, asparagus, green salad with all the toppings and Anne's "aged" Italian dressing. After dinner: adult conversation around the table while the boys played on the Wii. Then Justus' family needed to head out because James was attending a gymnastics meet.
 Today, however (again, with that word!), went like clockwork. A breakfast of pachi's with and accompaniment of mango, papaya and pineapple. Fantastic! Run Jim and Bob to the airport and hugs all around. Then flying down the freeway to get to James' soccer game on time.
 What an exciting game! The teams were very evenly matched. Those boys struggled back and forth on the pitch playing their hearts out. In the end the score was tied 4-4 (but who's counting?)
 Then, on to Logan's game. This one, also, was awesome! Although the opposing team was very good and well trained, Logan's team beat them soundly. And when Logan scored the last goal of the game the crowd went wild! Final score 7-1. (but who's counting?)
 After taking Anne home I went over to downtown Sparks where they were having the annual Street Vibrations motorcycle event. I'd read last night that the city of Reno was unhappy that most of the crowd was in Sparks and I verified for myself that, yes, there were a lot of people in our little town! To bad, so sad, Reno. People just love Sparks and Sparks loves them.
 Wandering around a bit I finally found what I was looking for. The Tahoe Tribal booth where I'd ordered a pendant and necklace last month while at the Rib Cook-off. The one I'd wanted had a wood inlay, but the only one they had left wasn't very well fitted.
 Then lunch with Anne, bachelor style. That means one pan on the stove or plate in the microwave. This time it was the later: Boca burger and a slice of onion topped with cheese, tomatoes, pickle slices and a bag of potato chips on the table. Fast and easy.
 Then I ran up to "Wally World", looking for the proverbial Dr. Scholl's foot measuring machine that Bob had said would compute the exact insert I needed for my shoes. This, supposedly, will take care of my aching feet. Of course, I had to check the magazine section for anything guitar related before I could make my way to the shoe area. Hahaha...
 No movie tonight: Anne and I watched the season premier of The Event. Although it was very interesting, with lots of chronological back-flipping, it looks like another show about something that will never exactly be revealed. But, with aliens (or whatever "they" are).
 Ethereal blessings and unconditional love abounds for you,
Don and Anne
---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
  - Don Peer ( o)==#

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment