Sunday, September 5, 2010

Great week, Almighty!

Today concludes a week and a half that Anne has had no significant pain or nausea. All cheer: Hip-Hip-Hooray!!!
  I came home to a wonderful home-cooked meal - pan-fried (faux) kielbasa w/ potatoes and with coleslaw salad. Anne said that her day consisted of taking a couple of naps and going to pick up her prescription at Target this afternoon. A moderate day for her.
  We’ve recently changed from Walgreen’s because they just refused to remember that we were on their 90-day plan, for which we pay 25$/year for the privilege. Every time we picked something up they only filled it for 1 month (the ‘scripts are written for 3) AND charged us the higher co-pay.
  Anne and I just got fed up with having to either call them on it each time or, if I didn’t catch it, go back and make them go through the whole refund-refill-charge correctly cycle. So, we did what most people do. We voted with our wallets and took our business elsewhere!
  After dinner I headed over to Dave’s Garage for to make some music! We’ve added two new songs to the “book”: Let It Ride by Bachman Turner Overdrive and Twilight Zone by Golden Earring. Tomorrow I’ll post some music for you. Don’t be too critical, though. It’s just a “garage band” thing, we’re not professionals and I only started taking guitar lessons when I turned 50 (that’s 5 years ago for those of you keeping track).
  While I was gone, Anne had a nice chat with Susan and read her book. But, when it got dark Lady started looking out the window and getting upset. At first Anne thought she wanted out to chase something, but Lady wouldn’t let up. Finally, she noticed that the sun had gone down and turned on the front porch light for when I came home. THIS satisfied Lady and she at last settled down.
  Not only does Lady take care of Anne every day, but now she’s watching out for me, too! Heaven has truly sent me two angels.
  Sending blessings your way,
Don and Anne

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment