Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day

We hope that you had a nice, relaxing day. It was a very nice day here with a temp of 82, a light breeze and clear skies. Anne read her book most of the morning and put in a call to Roger and Helen to express our concern and see how he was fairing while I worked on some music files to upload. The good news is that, besides some fatigue, he’s doing very well and we wish him a speedy recovery!

Then, I cleaned up the back yard, which was sorely needed as it had rained last Sunday (which also gave it an extra day of water!) and I didn’t mow. So I spent several hours with the weed whacker and lawn mower fighting back the overgrowth.

While blowing grass off the porch I noticed that we actually had a few ripe tomatoes! So I picked them and put them on a frozen pizza for dinner. Yummy! There’s nothing like real tomatoes to satisfy your taste buds.

This evening Anne read some more and watched a little TV while I finished working on my recordings. If you are on Facebook, and one of my friends, you can hear a couple of the songs we did at the jam session last Friday night. Just go to the “My Band” tab at the top of my profile page. Note that most of them are very heavy on the bass, not because I’m the bass player, but because of the positioning of the recorder. Near the end I was able to move it closer to Larry’s P.A speaker and you can really tell the difference.

Note that if you are on Facebook, but have not “friended” me you won’t be able to see my profile. This is because I keep the security settings as high as possible on my page. This, also, goes for anyone that is not on Facebook.

If you’d like, just “friend” me and I’d be glad to accept.

Well, it’s nearly bed time. You take care of yourself and the ones you love.

Don and Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment