Sunday, September 5, 2010

Today, today, today...

 Anne got up before I did this morning. You may have noticed the time on yesterday's email... I watched some Craig Ferguson before falling asleep on the couch last night. When I woke up I thought, "This is going to have to be a short one so I can go to bed!"
 As you saw, it wasn't. Well, I paid the price this morning as we had a lunch date with Dave and Joy at the Green Papaya and this became my breakfast. Anne ordered green curry at spice level 3 (out of 5) and I ordered Pud Thai, also at 3.
 It turns out that level 3 curry is much spicier that it is on the Pud Thai. So I finished hers and she finished mine. Unfortunately we didn't catch it right away, and later on her tummy was roll-y poll-y and she had to eat some yogurt and a pear to settle it down.
 I went to the annual Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off and cut around back, avoiding the crowd, to head directly to the vendors area. There I picked up a couple of nice shirts from Sweet Williams, some lip balm and bath soak, a set of California King 1200-count sheets, and some 30-second salsa in mild and hot formulations.
 A short nap upon arriving home, some dinner and a movie: Lady Killers. This is one of my favorite Tom Hanks movies. He plays the criminal-minded Southern gentleman character so well that you forget you're watching Hanks. Favorite scene(s): every time they show the dead husband's portrait his expression changes! LOL
 Bless you and yours,
Don and Anne
 
 
---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
  - Don Peer ( o)==#

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment