Tuesday, September 21, 2010

They're Here!

  Yesterday, after I left for work, Anne went to school to drop off some brownies and a Thank You note to all the teachers for the basket of gifts she received. Then came home to prepare for today when our visitors would arrive.
 A mellow evening at home, which actually was a surprise. I had thought I'd be finishing up on the preparations we started yesterday (vacuuming, dusting, etc.) in preparation. But, Anne was miles ahead of me. She'd arranged for window cleaners last Friday and a housekeeping service today! I don't know if they did enough cleaning to justify the charges, but Anne was happy with the results and that's all that matters.

 Today Jim and Bob arrived today, safe and sound. And, apparently, bored with the flight. Soaring over some majestic scenery, including a huge lake (Powell?) and a spire in the middle of nowhere (?). Nobody knows because there were no announcements from the cockpit nor from the stewards about any of the landmarks they passed. Sad.
 Barbie and Anne picked them up at the airport and took them to the infusion clinic with them where they saw first-hand what Anne's been up to these past few months. Then, on to the house where they chatted, told stories and laughed!
 When I got home we sat down to a meal of papusas with guacamole & home made salsa and re-fried black beans. This morning when I went out for the paper I found a bag on the doorknob with tomatoes, zucchini and (I think) yellow zucchini. Under the zucs was this plastic tub full of salsa! I took one whiff and asked Anne to leave some for me! (Thanks, Tom!)
 The Movie tonight: Lady Killers. Jim and Bob hadn't seen it, but had heard about it. So we all had a good laugh before running the "red bug" and pulling out the hide-a-bed.
 Love and laughter to you and yours,
Don and Anne
 
 
---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
  - Don Peer ( o)==#

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment