Thursday, September 23, 2010

A hunting we will go!

 Anne took Jim and Bob to most of the "international" markets in town looking for mango spread. Jim had mentioned that they'd eaten it in Guatemala (I think) and it was delicious. So, they spent several hours driving around looking for someone that carried it. Finally, they stumbled upon it at the Safeway store... two blocks away! Oh, the horror! LOL

 They also went to the Reno Costco to pick up some things. One of which I asked Anne to get was sugar packets for work. I started having a cup of coffee in the afternoon for a pick-me-up a couple of months ago. Since then, the bosses have stopped making a big pot of it and I started taking instant. But now I've used up the packets they had and needed to replace them. So, Anne brought home the "corporate" sized box, which should hold me a year or two. ;)
 When I arrived home I was hoping to spend a few minutes in the back swing (inversion table), but they were all sitting around in the living room waiting for me. As soon as I walked in the door, Anne got up and started the microwave. A few seconds later we were all eating pitas spread with tzatziki & humus and filled with falafel, avocado, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, slivers of red & yellow peppers with a side of broccoli salad. Wow!
 There wasn't any talk about Virginia City around the dinner table, so I'm assuming that they didn't make it up there. Either that or they were all so busy chowing down this great grub they couldn't speak. I'm going with the former, considering the extended hunting trip earlier. :o
 No movie tonight. Instead, Bob mentioned that one of their new customers makes hand-wired "boutique" guitar amps. This started a discussion about the difference in sound between tubes and chips. Which lead to my bringing out the Line 6 Variax 500 guitar with a computer inside.
 After demonstrating some of its abilities, much to Anne's chagrin, I put it away and brought out the Michale Kelly Dragonfly followed by the Saga Gitane D-500. I played a bit with each, but it was late by then so we wrapped it up and they all hit the sack.
 The breeze of love fills your sails of compassion,
Don and Anne
 
 
---
Love is the music of life;
Compassion is its melody.
  - Don Peer ( o)==#

Posted via email from Don Peer

No comments:

Post a Comment